If you’re applying to be a Preschool Teacher, you’ll want to round out your application with a professional cover letter. Our free to use Preschool Teacher Cover Letter Sample will help you make a great first impression so you can get through the door. Use ours to help write your own, or just copy and paste your own information over ours for a good frame.
To learn how we make our cover letters look so professional, read our guide written by professional resume and cover letter writers. You can also let our cover letter builder do the work for you.
Table of Contents
- Preschool Teacher Cover Letter & Resume Samples (Image)
- Preschool Teacher Cover Letter (Text Format)
- 5 Tips for Writing Your Preschool Teacher Cover Letter
1. Preschool Teacher Cover Letter & Resume Samples (Image)
Below are images of both the Preschool Teacher Cover Letter and the Preschool Teacher Resume Sample. Download the cover letter by clicking on the link below the images. To use our builder, click the link immediately below.
Create My Cover Letter Now
Download the Preschool Teacher Cover Letter Sample in MS Word
Want to explore other industries? Visit our cover letter example library for inspiration.
2. Preschool Teacher Cover Letter (Text Format)
Dec. 16, 2016
Premier Preschool Academy
412 E. Roseville Parkway, Suite 4
Roseville, CA, 95661
RE: Preschool Teacher Position Application
Dear Mr. Smith:
I am writing to apply for the position of Preschool Teacher at Premier Preschool Academy in Roseville. Your organization has a stellar reputation and, considering my years of experience and background in early childhood education, I feel I would make a great addition to your professional teaching staff.
I earned my Bachelors in Early Childhood Education from Sacramento State in 2007. I was an excellent student and absorbed a tremendous amount regarding modern educational theory regarding younger learners, a proclivity I have retained in my own study since graduation. After graduation at Sac State I received a Child Development Associate (CDA) certification, making me a professionally certified teacher for pre-primary learners.
Furthermore, in my years as a preschool teacher at two different and high quality establishments, I have led classes as large as 22 students and taught kids as young as 3 years old. I have been instrumental in helping my schools develop curriculum and programs for their classes, and seen real improvement in students I’ve worked with. For example, a drama program I helped established was responsible for a 50% improvement in speech test scores for our Pre-K students.
With my strong work history and topical education, I am confident I would fit in well at Premier Preschool. If you are so inclined, I would jump at the opportunity to visit you for an interview. Thank you for your time and consideration of my application. I look forward to hearing back from you at your convenience. Thank you again.
3. 5 Tips for Writing Your Preschool Teacher Cover Letter
1. Show that you’re a strong communicator: Because of the importance of communication in being a Preschool Teacher, this is your first and best chance to show how well you write and interact. Be perfect in your delivery, grammar, and spelling. Write with strength and clarity. Confidently get your points across.
2. Highlight experience and skills: It’s important to talk about your experience teaching as well as your teaching skills. Even if you were recently a student, discuss any teaching experience you have. Also, mention what attributes you have that make you a great candidate. Talk about your soft skills and teaching techniques.
Remember that your application isn’t just telling your future boss what you have done, but also how well you have done it. Make yourself look good, and don’t be afraid to assert yourself.
3. Be specific: Use numbers where you can. If your biggest class was 30 kids, then say “30” instead of “big”. Also talk about actual tasks you have engaged in, not just general kinds of activities or responsibilities. Being specific will show exactly how strong you are.
4. Sell yourself: Remember that your application isn’t just telling your future boss what you have done, but also how well you have done it. Make yourself look good, and don’t be afraid to assert yourself. The point of your application is to make yourself look amazing, because you know you are.
5. Steal from the job post: You should use phrases and words that come directly from the job posting. This echoing acts like keywords in the mind of an interviewer. In other words, these are the specific features they are looking for in a candidate, and using exactly the same language shows them how close you are to perfect.
Preschool Teacher Cover Letter Sample 1:
I’d like to inquire about the position of Head Preschool Teacher that you recently advertised in the local newspaper. I believe I have both the qualifications and temperament for the job, and I’m sure my students would agree.
I’m currently employed as the Assistant Childhood Development Instructor at Horizons Day Care. I’ve held the position for three years since my promotion from an entry-level educator, which brings my total time with them up to five years.
For five years I’ve held hands, wiped tears and taught preschoolers everything they needed to know about the color wheel. I have a dual degree in art and early childhood education from the University of South Florida, so I often use visual learning techniques to supplement traditional textbook teaching.
In addition to the academics required by the state, I also work hard to ensure that the children are mentally and emotionally prepared for advancing to the next level of their education. I make it a point to preach about the benefits of courtesy, cooperation and kindness. Sometimes I even manage to impart basic time management skills! As I’m sure you can understand, this is no easy feat for an excited four year old.
I primarily work with children ages 2-5, though I’ve also substituted for other teachers all the way up to third grade. My current classroom is comprised of 22 students, so I’m not afraid of taking charge of large groups. I aim to give each student the same individualized attention as they would in a smaller class.
In your ad, you asked for applicants with equal amounts of patience and enthusiasm. I believe I have both of these qualities in spades. I was actually the founder of California’s new “Wait for the Green” program, which started as a single-class initiative to promote crosswalk safety but eventually evolved into a statewide program.
I’ve attached my resume for your perusal. If you have any questions, or if you’d simply like to discuss my suitability for the position face-to-face, you can contact me anytime. Thank you for your time, and I can’t wait to hear from you.
Preschool Teacher Cover Letter Sample 2:
Please accept my resume and this letter as application for the position of preschool teacher at your school. I hope to impress upon you my desire to work with the children of your school and the people of your community in this introductory letter. I am a firm believer that schools like yours are the lifeblood of the community.
I am a qualified preschool teacher with a number of years of experience in the field. I have worked with children of many ages, and worked under many different curricula. I know that your curriculum and children are unique, and I cannot wait to adapt my teaching style to the needs that you have in your school.
I understand the importance of sticking with the curriculum that you use in the school, and I am willing to complete training on your curriculum to make sure that I am up to date. I am also willing to complete lesson plans in a timely fashion so that you can see what is happening in my classroom on a weekly basis.
I have an acute understanding of student and class discipline. Kids need structure in their lives, and this early preschool experience is something that I find to be very important. The kids in the school can learn to be much better citizens when I set firm expectations for them. I love all the kids in all my classes, but I also want them to know where the line is when they are in my class.
My goal is to help mold lifelong learners who are happy to come back to school day after day. I look forward to speaking with you about these and many other topics regarding the position. I am available at your convenience for interviews and pre-screening calls.
Please do not hesitate to contact me with questions or concerns about my application or qualifications.
Preschool Teacher Cover Letter Sample 3:
I am writing to apply for the Preschool Teacher position that was recommended to me by a patron of your center. I have read through the list of requirements mentioned by your esteemed school and feel that I possess the necessary professional qualifications and work experience that will make me a desirable candidate for this job. Please find attached my resume along with this cover letter for you to look through.
I am a committed and qualified pre-school teacher and possess a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Early Childhood Studies. I completed my bachelor degree in 2010 and through this program; I gained the necessary knowledge and skills that are currently helping me work effectively with young children and their families.
I am currently employed as a preschool teacher at Child’s Play Preschool. My experience and area of expertise includes:
- Responsible for planning and implementing various programs designed for pre-schoolers while ensuring they are in accordance with the philosophy and policies of the school’s child development center
- Responsible for ensuring the program has been tuned to suffice the need of individual children in the school that need special care
- Responsible for organizing parent teacher conferences related to their child’s adjustment issues, learning issues and overall behavior
- Providing assistance to the lead teacher in carrying out classroom activities and learning programs smoothly and effectively
- Providing assistance to the lead teacher in supervising the classroom
- Responsible for ensuring a proper learning environment exists in the school by focusing on key areas like study materials, appearance and decor of the classroom and maintaining attendance record
- Ensuring the progress of each child in the class is properly documented and at the same time help in identifying the need for special classes and other learning services
- In my current role as a pre-school teacher, I am supervising creative learning activities of 30 children up to the age of 5 years. In addition to being an extremely organised and dedicated teacher, I am also an enthusiastic and creative individual. I also possess excellent communication skills both verbal and written and am well versed with computer skills.
I look forward to an opportunity to meet you personally for an interview and discussion.