Academic Advisor Cover Letter
Academic Advisors work with undergraduates, graduates, and postgraduates and help them identify best work and training opportunities. Their responsibilities include interviewing clients, offering guidance on the phone or over the Internet, organizing meetings and webinars, providing interview advice, organizing mock interviews, making suggestions on how to improve resumes, collaborating with various professional body representatives, and helping students at-risk. These professionals need to find the right educational solution for every student and monitor their progress.
Based on our collection of Academic Advisor sample cover letters, essential qualifications include:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Time management and deadline orientation
- The ability to work under pressure and to multitask
- Empathy and patience
- An interest in higher education and knowledge of graduate employment trends
- Computer proficiency and the ability to use digital technologies
- Teamworking abilities
A cover letter for Academic Advisor showcasing similar qualities is visible beneath.
For help with your resume, check out our extensiveAcademic Advisor Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Lewis:
Upon learning of your search for an Academic Advisor, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As an enthusiastic and motivated individual with experience in academic advising and support, excellent marketing and communication talents, and a commitment to achieving organizational goals, I would be a valuable asset to your school in this role.
My background includes delivering presentations to current and prospective students, meeting—or surpassing—admissions goals, advising students on program and schedule selection, and connecting with a broad range of individuals to drive school interest and enrollment. With strong inner motivation and superior organization talents, I am prepared to excel in this position.
Highlights of my qualifications include…
- Coordinating a full range of academic advisory and admissions responsibilities, including registration, collateral development, event management, transfer credits, class schedules, enrollment/withdrawal, and financial aid.
- Experience in working with traditional, non-traditional, domestic and international students.
- Increasing student enrollment through well-honed marketing and presentation skills and a keen ability to determine student goals and ensure optimal program choices.
- Guiding, mentoring, and supporting students through academic, cultural, social, and immigration transitions to facilitate positive and beneficial foreign student experiences.
- Outstanding presentation, collaboration, and interpersonal abilities
With my strong academic background and my demonstrated commitment to achieving university goals, I am well prepared to extend my record of service to Carole Point. I welcome the opportunity to discuss this position and my qualifications with you further. Thank you for your consideration.
Admissions counselor cover letter
View this sample cover letter for an admissions counselor, or download the admissions counselor cover letter template in Word.
Admissions counselors must review and analyze student applications to determine whether a candidate is a good fit for a university—quite similar to a hiring manager reviewing your cover letter for a job. To be considered for top admissions counselor jobs, your cover letter must demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for your work. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for an admissions counselor, or download the admissions counselor cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can learn about education careers and look for admissions counselor jobs on Monster.
Admissions counselor cover letter template
Sometown, NY 55555 | Phone: (555) 555-5555 | Email: email@example.com
November 20, 2017
Ms. Jane Fox
Director of Admissions
55 College Ave.
Sometown, NY 55555
Dear Ms. Fox:
I was pleased to learn that ABC College earned top 25 placement in DEF Magazine’s list of America’s Best Colleges, and was intrigued by the callout to ABC’s admissions program. As enrollment numbers are declining on a national scale, ABC’s numbers have increased over the past two years—congratulations!
When I found the admissions counselor position advertised on Monster, I applied online within minutes. A proud alumnus of ABC College, I am intimately familiar with the college’s mission, history, academic programs and opportunities for student enrichment.
During my four years on the ABC main campus, I served as a resident advisor (RA), campus tour guide to prospective students, freshman orientation volunteer and international student mentor.
These experiences are indicative of my ability to recruit, advise and develop relationships with diverse student populations. Known for my interpersonal communication skills, I excel at building rapport with new/prospective students and family members and “selling” the features and benefits of ABC College.
In my roles as an RA and student mentor, I advised and supported students on a range of personal, academic and college-life issues. I helped students:
- Apply for and receive financial aid and work-study positions
- Take advantage of ABC’s programs, activities and resources
- Navigate and resolve conflict with peers and professors
- Adjust to and more fully enjoy campus life
Energetic and service-focused, I am passionate about managing strategic communications with prospective students and promoting the advantages of ABC College and its programs. I am confident I will exceed your expectations if selected for this position.
May we set up a time to discuss ways I can contribute to the continued growth of ABC College? Please call me at (555) 555-5555 to arrange an interview. I look forward to hearing from you.
Enclosures: Résumé and reference letters