A simple cover letter template is a tool meant to guide you. It isn’t a complete cover letter, so you can’t fully depend on it until you make a few changes in the content. Because it is a user’s guide tool, an Employment Cover Letter Templates will give you a clear understand about what should and shouldn’t go into a cover letter.
Simple cover letters are easy to write. So easy, in fact, you don’t have to think too much. Although simple Cover Letter Templates aren’t target specific, the general description must be clear and convincing. The language used in writing should be simple; a potential employer shouldn’t struggle to understand what you are trying to communicate.
Simple Nursing Job Cover Letter Sample PDF Template Free Download
excelsior.edu | Our website has a wide range of simple nursing job cover letter templates that can come in handy. These templates are present in different formats and can be downloaded and printed as examples in PDF format.
Simple Medical Journal Cover Letter Example Word Template Free Download
med.cmu.ac.th | Our website has a wide range of simple medical journal cover letter templates that can always come in handy. These templates are present in different formats and can be downloaded and printed as examples in DOC formats.
Simple Modern Latex Cover Letter PDF Format Free Download
latextemplates.com | Our website has a wide range of simple modern latex cover letter templates that can be used extensively. These samples are present in different formats and can be downloaded and printed as examples in PDF format.
Simple Teaching Job Cover Letter Word Format Free Download
heidelberg.edu | Our website has a wide range of simple teaching job cover letter templates that can be used extensively. These samples are present in various formats and can be downloaded and printed in DOC format as examples.
Simple Retail Job Cover Letter Example PDF Template Free Download
dayjob.com | Our website has a wide range of simple retail job cover letter templates that can be used extensively. These samples are present in various formats and can be downloaded and printed as examples in PDF format.
Entry Level IT Job Simple Cover Letter Word Format Free Download
jobsearchjimmy.com | Our website has a wide range of entry level IT job simple cover letter templates that can be used widely. These samples are present in different formats and can be downloaded and printed as examples in DOC format.
Simple Engineering Cover Letter Sample PDF Template Free Download
cmu.edu | Our website has a wide range of simple engineering cover letter templates that can be used extensively. These samples are present in various formats and can be downloaded and printed as examples in PDF format.
Simple Cover Letter for Internship Word Format Free Download
heidelberg.edu | Our website gives you an exciting range of simple cover letter for internship templates that can always be of your use. These samples are available in different websites and can be downloaded and printed as examples in DOC format.
Simple General Cover Example PDF Template Free Download
humber.ca | Our website has a wide range of simple general cover templates that can always come in handy. These samples are present in different formats and can be downloaded and printed as examples in PDF format.
Customer Service Representative Simple Cover Letter Word FormatFree Download
career-advice.monster.com | Our website gives you a wide range of customer service representative simple cover letter templates that can always be of use. These samples are present in various formats and can be downloaded and printed as examples in DOC format.
Simple Email Cover Letter Sample PDF Template Free Download
wfdc.org | Our website has a wide range of simple email cover letter templates that can come in handy. These samples come in different styles and can be downloaded and printed as examples in PDF format.
Health Administrative Assistant Simple Cover Letter Example Word Free Download
coverletter.us | Our website has a wide range of health administrative assistant simple cover letter templates that can always be of use. These templates are present in various styles and can be downloaded and printed as examples in DOC format.
Simple Basic Cover Letter PDF Format Template Free Download
tjc.edu | Our website gives you an exciting range of simple basic cover letter templates that can be used extensively. These samples are present in different styles and can be downloaded and printed as examples in PDF format.
Job Application Cover Letter
Printable Management Cover Letter
Modern Cover Letter Format
Simple Resume Cover Letter
Example of a Cover Letter to an Editor of a Journal
Sample Teacher Cover Letter Download
Simple Research Technician Cover Letter
Business Development and Software Sales Cover Letter
Interior Designer Cover Letter Example
Simple Librarian Cover Letter
Career Change Cover Letter
Professional Finance Cover Letter
Notary Cover Letter
Sample Music Education Cover Letter
Customer Service Cover Letter Template
Simple Cover Letter to Administration
Editable Human Resource Cover Letter
Executive Assistant Job Cover Letter
Administrative Assistant Work Experience Cover Letter
Non-Profit Tax Exemption Cover Letter
Graduate School Application Cover Letter
Standard Marketing Cover Letter
What to Include in a Cover Letter?
Whether you are writing Biology Cover Letters or a part time job cover letters, it is important that you include in it all the essential segments. This would make it easier for the office manager or the authoritative person concerned to understand the gist of your proposal and file it accordingly. Here is what should be included in a perfect cover letter.
- Your name and contact information
- Name of the person to whom it is addressed along with contact details
- A proper salutation
- The relevant details. Like if the cover letter is to apply for an apprenticeship in a restaurant, you need to elaborate on your qualifications. On the other hand, if the cover letter accompanies a chemical engineering project, you should explain the project and the various steps followed by you
- A proper and impressive closing
How to Write a Successful Covering Letter?
A cover letter can make or break your chances of making an impact over the reader. Thus, you need to put in some effort to write an impressive covering letter. Here is how you can go about this.
- Before writing the cover letter, it would be a good idea to do some research. Like if you are writing a Legal Cover Letter , researching about the case you may be addressing would give you some fodder for the content
- The opening of the cover letter should be strong as this will help you grab the attention of the reader
- Give some emphasis on the issue that is being addressed. For example if you are applying for a job at a restaurant or a hotel, talk about your hospitality
- Be enthusiastic about what you are trying to convey to the reader. Like, when applying for a real estate job, show some excitement about the job and explain what your approach towards it would be
How to Write a Cover Letter in Different Ways?
There are a number of ways in which a cover letter can be written. You can get a brief idea of this by taking a look at the different types of cover letter templates like Accounting Cover Letters etc that are readily available online. Here is how you can write cover letter in different ways.
- Email Cover Letter: In this you really don’t have to worry about adding contact information. You can start directly with salutation, followed by the content and then the conclusion.
- Cover Letter on Paper: In such types of cover letter should best be written on a letter head. In case, you don’t have one, just design one with your name and contact details. Write the details of the person to whom the letter is being addressed below this and then start off with the letter.
Tips for Writing Cover Letters
Writing a cover letter is no mean task which is why you can surely do with some helpful tips. Listed below are a few of these.
- If you are using a template to draft your cover letter, make sure that you pick the perfect one. For example you can’t use a real estate cover letter if you are writing a Flight Attendant Cover Letter
- Make sure to address the letter correctly. Instead of writing the phrase “To whomsoever it may concern”, find out to whom the letter should be addressed
- Don’t forget to follow the right format when drafting the cover letter. The format and the layout of the letter is what the reader sees first.
- Thus, these have to be perfect Any kind of errors and spelling mistakes are just not allowed in a cover letter. So, make sure to proofread and edit it before mailing it
There are a wide range of cover letter templates available online that make it easier for you to draft a cover letter. These include legal cover letter templates, Software Developer Cover Letter Template etc. The use of a cover letter is to
- Fill in any gaps that may be there is the proposal or resume that accompanies the letter
- Give the reader a sneak peek into what you have to offer
- Impress the person with your communication skills and grab his attention
Cover letters are used for
- Applying for a job
- Submitting a project
- Sending a proposal
- Requesting funds
In case you are not sure how to draft a cover letter, go ahead and check out our vast collection of cover letter templates. You can find everything from job cover letter to Hair Stylist Cover Letter here. These are easy to download and customize, thus ensuring that you can quickly come up with a professional looking and unique cover letter.
You may also like
10+ Application Cover Letters - Free Sample, Example Format ...
8+ Employment Cover Letter Templates – Free Sample, Example ...
389+ Letter Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format Download ...
12+ Sales Cover Letter Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format ...
9+ Cover Letter Templates – Free Sample, Example Format ...
9+ Finance Cover Letters - Free Sample, Example Format Download ...
9+ Librarian Cover Letters - Free Sample, Example Format ...
6+ Career Change Cover Letter - Free Sample, Example Format ...
11+ Designer Cover Letters - Free Sample, Example Format ...
5+ Research Technician Cover Letters - Free Sample, Example ...
9+ Fax Cover Letter Templates – Free Sample, Example, Format ...
8+ Notarized Letter Templates – Free Sample, Example Format ...
Good Basic Cover Letter
This basic cover letter can be adapted for just about any job search situation.
We show you how to put together a straightforward and convincing cover letter, how to effectively communicate your relevant skills and competencies for the job and how to make sure your resume gets read.
A resume without a cover letter often gets no further than the trash can. Show your interest and enthusiasm for the job opportunity by taking the time to write a good cover letter.
Follow the guidelines and use the sample letter to get the right message across.
The Cover Letter Checklist
- Always address the letter to an individual by his or her name. Do not send it to the "Hiring Manager" or "To Whom It May Concern". Contact the company and find out who the cover letter should be addressed to.
- Clearly establish why you are writing the cover letter in your opening sentences - the position you are applying for and why you are applying.
- Express enthusiasm and confidence that you are a suitable candidate in your introduction.
- Highlight your competencies and summarize why you are the right person for the job.
- Close the cover letter with a proactive request for an interview, meeting or follow-up.
What competencies should I focus on?
There are a number of competencies that are recognized as key to successful performance in nearly all job fields. The employer will be looking for evidence of these competencies in your basic cover letter.
The likelihood is that you already possess and use these skills in your professional life. Go through each of these 6 key competencies and think of an example of how you use that particular behavior or competency in your work.
Communication skills - able to express your ideas clearly, able to listen actively, able to follow instructions properly and give information appropriately.
Teamwork - able to work together with others to reach a goal. Co-operative and willing to put the team's success above personal success.
Problem-solving - able to collect and analyze information to identify problems and come up with possible solutions.
Planning and organizing - able to plan and prioritize work tasks to achieve the necessary outcomes.
Integrity - honesty, respect for others, reliability, maintain confidentiality, fulfill your commitments and adhere to company policies.
Motivation - this includes energy, hard work and enthusiasm for the job. A willingness to put in extra hours and go the extra mile.
It is important to communicate these competencies to the employer in your cover letter. Remember that these behaviors apply to virtually any job situation and can be used in any basic cover letter. Emphasize those competencies that are indicated in the job posting.
You can view other key competencies that may apply to your particular job at 12 core competencies for all jobs.
Sample Basic Cover Letter
Your Contact details (phone and email)
Contact Job Title
Dear Mr/Mrs/Ms Last Name
I was excited to see your opening for an Administrative Assistant on the XYZ job website. I am confident that my background and abilities are an excellent match for the job. Please allow me to highlight my skills and competencies as they relate to your job requirements.
- X years wide-ranging experience as an administrative assistant in a fast-paced work environment
- proven computer skills with an in-depth knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- excellent verbal and written communication skills used to successfully develop presentations, write reports and draft correspondence
- recognized as a resourceful problem-solver who is able to efficiently collect and analyze information to find workable solutions
- strong organizational and planning skills ensure that I am able to accurately and consistently meet multiple project deadlines
- a hard worker who has built confidence and trust at all levels
- a committed team member who is known to go the extra mile
I firmly believe that I can make a positive contribution to your company and I have enclosed my resume to provide more information on my skills and experience. I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you for an in-depth discussion and I will make myself available at your first convenience.
Thank you for you review and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Basic Cover Letter 2
Know what to include in your cover letter by fully understanding the purpose of the cover letter.
Use these well written sample cover letters to help you craft your own persuasive and professional cover letter.
A comprehensive cover letter template to complete with your own details.
Decide which is the most suitable cover letter format for you to use.
Powerful phrases for closing a cover letter.
Tips on how to create a cover letter that gets the reader's attention.
Easy-to-use sample email cover letter
Sample letter of intent for employment will help you land the critical first interview.
Are you sending a cold cover letter? View sample networking cover letters.
These job descriptions will help you to include all the necessary information in your cover letter.
All the resume examples you need to adapt for your own use.
Job Interviews > Sample Cover Letters > Basic Cover Letter
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page